Sunday, September 24, 2006

I'm here!

Hello from Salem, Oregon! I arrived yesterday afternoon and it has been an incredible experience so far. I had a wonderful flight into Oregon-- and oh my goodness were there a ton of mountains! :) Mount Rainier and Mount Adams were especially breathtaking.

Salem itself actually reminds me a lot of Wisconsin! The YWAM base is in a very wooded area. There are a few pockets that I come across where I can see the gorgeous mountain rage, but for the most part the atmosphere feels very familiar. It's kind of comforting in a way, to be in a completely different place, but still have a few reminders of home.

There are 7 students (including me) in DTS: Darcey, Ally, Rachel, Mike, Ian, Younsoo (pronounced YUN-sue), and me. All of the girls are from Oregon, one guy is from South Korea, and the other guys come from unknown places...unknown to me, at least. :) This is a pretty small group; normally there are around 20 students. However, there are 14 people that are doing an internship and they will be a part of our classes in DTS. We're not really sure why our DTS size is so small, but there must be some reason!

I found out some exciting news! We are going to Thailand for our outreach! I really feel called to work in Asia, so this is very exciting to me! I know that some people are concerned because of the coup going on, but so far everything seems like a "go". If the situation gets violent and/or dangerous, our leaders will pray about what we should do.

I also found out that in October we'll be going to the Go Conference in Estes Park, Colorado which is very exciting! Colorado has a very special place in my heart, so I'm looking forward to going there again. Plus the conference itself looks amazing!

Today and yesterday has just consisted of settling in and meeting people! As soon as I can, I'll post pictures of my room. I'm dorming with all 3 girls, and our dorm is actually really, really nice. I was the first one here, so I have a bottom bunk. It reminds me a lot of Bible camp!

There is just a really friendly spirit in every person I've met here. I am so excited for DTS to really "begin" tomorrow and see exactly what God has for me. I've already looked over the manual and there are some very challenging things ahead... challenging for me at least! It is so abundantly clear that God wants me here, so I'm ready to forge ahead!

Until later...

1 Comments:

At 11:16 AM, Blogger Leslie said...

i am so so so jealous that you are going to thailand! i want to go there! maybe i can come visit, onces your stuff is over and all. glad to hear from you about all the oregon's happenings.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home