Friday, September 01, 2006

September deadline is met!

Total finances due: $3200
Total received: $1314
Total pledged: $250
Remaining total: $1636
Total prayer support: 49 people

Believe it or not, I have half of what's due by the end of November already! I am so amazed that God has been meeting all of these deadlines-- and in advance, too! $1500 from the outreach costs are due upon arrival, and I reached that number this week (if my pledge comes through)! I've said it before, but He is truly displaying His glory in this! I am absolutely amazed by Him.

And He's providing even in smaller ways, too. There are several different supplies that I have been buying for this adventure, and I was in "need" of a couple dressy shirts and shoes. This is always quite a task for me because I'm picky, frugal, pretty conservative/modest (I don't like low back's, neck's, short sleeves, etc), and it's also hard to find shoes that fit my odd shoe size. Between a combination of thrift stores and coupons, I've found some amazing steals! I know, I know, it seems a little silly to post about clothes shopping, but I really believe He's the one behind it. :)

My last day at work is Wednesday! I can't believe this is really happening. It feels like my dreams are coming true... and they're just as much His. I love delighting in His shade (Song of Songs 2:3) and the transformation of my heart's desires and dreams into what He wants for me (Psalm 37:4). Oh, the plans He has for me and you (Jeremiah 29:11, 1 Corinth 2:9) ... if only we yield to Him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home