Thursday, February 08, 2007

Back in Thailand

Hey you all! I'm sorry for the lack of updates. I have been so busy lately that the only times I have a chance to get online are on my days off. I have so much to catch you up on, and unfortunately, no time to do it! I wish I could promise a post really soon with details about what I've been doing, but it may have to wait until my next day off in 7 days... I'm sorry!

To briefly catch you up, in Cambodia I taught at a pre-school in the mornings and afternoons, while some other members of the team did labor on the property in the morning and sports ministry in the afternoon. We also worked at the orphanage property doing some labor stuff (it was really fun!) Our last couple days there we were fortunate enough to visit Angkor Wat, which I guess is one of the 7 wonders of the world. It was really amazing to see it, but I especially liked traveling to the city of Siam Reap. Cambodia is such a beautiful country once you escape Poipet... it was so dirty and gross there (the Lonely Planet refers to Poipet as the "armpit of Cambodia"). There's so much more to our time in Cambodia, but it will have to wait...

We arrived into Mae Sot, Thailand at about 5 AM on Sunday and we have been really busy ever since. We are averaging about 2 open airs a day; an open air is a program we put together with songs, dramas, testimonies, the gospel message, etc. I have been singing and speaking at almost every single one; yesterday I preached the gospel twice. It has been really exhausting here and it's only been a few days!!! :) We also have been teaching english at 2 different schools.

As I've said, there's so much more... please be praying for my team and I! There is so much spiritual warfare here. Please pray that we'll have a chance to get into Myanmar. It sounds like it's possible and we may even get to spend a few days at a refugee camp which would be amazing. Thanks for your prayers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home