Thursday, May 17, 2007

My dream for Indonesia

I'm excited to say that I've decided to do School Of Frontier Missions next spring. It will be 3 months classroom in Malaysia, and 9 months outreach hopefully in Indonesia. I am really excited! Most of you know that I have a real heart for Indonesia and the people there. I wanted to share a little bit with you about what God has been speaking to me about what to do with my life.

First of all, I will tell you that Indonesia has the largest Muslim population in the entire world. In the past 10 years, persecution of Christians has become very frequent. The persecuted church in Indonesia is what first opened my eyes to the country and the people. Shortly after that, the tsunami affected the country. And now you can't read the news without some sort of natural disaster happening there. All the while, a flame has been growing inside of me...

Shortly before I left Salem in March, we were encouraged to ask God what "giant" He wants us to conquer. To me, it was crystal clear: Islam in Asia! Specifically for now, it is Indonesia. Here are some things I would like to do in Indonesia in my lifetime:

- Initial ministry will focus on Muslim women and children (specifically girls)
- Ministering to poor and needy (vague for now)
- Counseling/Healing ministry for persecuted Christians
- Outreach ministry to persecutors and terrorists
- Bring persecutors to justice
- Village ministry focused on ending animism-- teaching Indonesian people how to keep their culture and worship God in their unique way
- Ministry to prostitutes and those susceptible to human trafficking

So, that gives you a little bit of my heart and my dream. There is a poem I love that says "Jesus is the original dreamer" (which is so true, He is very visionary!) and I know He is excited about my dreams for the country. After all, He gave them to me. :) I hope you are as excited as me. There is so much to change!

1 Comments:

At 12:43 AM, Blogger Patriot said...

Hi! Somehow I came across your blog tonight, and I read this post. I'm so excited for you and your ministry in Indonesia! Right now my church is participating in praying for Muslims during Ramadan. We are also praying for Christians are who serving all over the world among Muslims. So, I just wanted to let you know that I've been praying for you the past two weeks! (and so has my church!) God bless you!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home