Tuesday, April 17, 2007

"So, what are you going to do now?"

This is a very common question I have been asked recently, and I do not blame anyone for asking! If I had a friend or family member who just went through what I went through, I think I would ask the same thing! Unfortunately, I haven't had a very clear answer to give you all. And I still don't, really.

God has opened my eyes to the world. There is no way that I can go on living and forget everything I saw and experienced with my own two eyes. It's not only remembering, but God is putting me in a position... asking me what I'm going to do to change things. Poverty should not exist. Children should not die every 5 seconds from hunger. How am I going to help put a stop to this?

I am always going to be involved in missions, whether that means I'm actually out on the field or just interceding and supporting missionaries. But right now, I definitely do know God wants me "out there". I am looking into different possibilities, but I wanted to tell you all about an option I think I'm going to pursue.

Before I even began DTS back in September, I knew about this school from YWAM called "School of Frontier Missions" and had planned to attend it when my DTS was over. In the past few months, I have had many opportunites and possibilities come my way and I have been praying and weighing pro's and con's about what exactly I should do. I am still not 100% sure, but I think I will be a part of this school in 2008.

Here is a description of what exactly SOFM is: "The SoFM is designed to introduce the biblical and philosophical basis for cross-cultural missions and to provide the practical skills for effective work amongst the unreached. The 12-month course combines a three-month lecture phase with a nine-month field assignment which places students with existing church-planting and missions teams. This field assignment enables students to test their calling, develop their skills to live, work, and minister amongst the unreached while discovering their suitability for long-term, cross-cultural missions work."

Wow, doesn't that sound amazing?! The 3-month classroom phase will be held in Malaysia and I'm hoping I'd be able to have my internship/outreach in Indonesia. I think this will be a great way to really get a "feel" of the long term mission field. 2.1 billion people have not yet heard the gospel of Christ, and I'm excited that SOFM is focused on these unreached people groups.

I look forward to telling you even more about this in the future! I think this is what I will be doing in 2008-2009, but again I am not incredibly positive. Please pray that I will clearly hear God and follow exactly what He wants for me!

I love you guys! :)

"It has always been my ambition to preach the gospel where Christ was not known..." - Paul (Romans 15:20)

P.S. I will be sending out newsletters soon! Sorry for the delay... my computer has been in Pennsylvania and I'm just making my way there now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home